التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

A dim light went on in Bright’s eyes. “Now, why does that sound familiar?”

نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪healthy life‬‏


“Because I took this course called ‘World Religions,’” Benny reminded him. Bright had a quizzical look on his face. “So we’re back to World Religions?” “These things go in cycles. Did you ever notice, Dennis—may I call you by your Christian name? no?—did you ever notice, Mr. Bright, that these things tend to go in cycles? The correct answer is Yes.” “Yes,” said Mr. Bright. “An excellent answer. And have you ever wondered why these things go in cycles?” “Listen, Benny, I haven’t got all day.” The waitress came and distributed food. She removed a greasy tab from her apron pocket and placed it midway between her two customers. She left. The two customers eyed the tab warily. Benny chose this moment to resume their conversation. “These things go in cycles because the universe itself goes in cycles. If I remember correctly, that was the main point of the course. The professor explained that the universe, vast though it is, occupies a limited amount of space. So if it wishes to move around, it has no other option than to go in cycles. Being restless by nature, the universe is always on the go. Therefore, cycles. In case you’re wondering, I believe he got that bit of information from a book.” “All I can say is, he must’ve read a lot.” “He was a major-league reader,” agreed Benny as his fork attacked a large chunk of turkey. “I believe he had a degree in Hinduism.” Benny transferred the turkey to his mouth. “Or maybe it was Buddhism.” Benny chewed thoughtfully. “I could never quite figure out the difference.” Bright toyed with his salad. “Those are religions, right?” Benny swallowed. “I’d have to look that one up, Dennis, but I believe you’re correct. If not, we should probably alert the publishing establishment.” Bright took a sip of his coffee. His eyes narrowed. He appeared rapt in thought. “Idea number three,” he suddenly announced. “‘Religion Talk.’” “What’s wrong with number two?” asked Benny, continuing his assault on the turkey salad. “I see a problem with our sponsors. They wouldn’t want the public to notice that their trucks make funny sounds.” “Good point,” said Benny with a full mouth. “I’m glad you noticed. ‘Religion Talk.’” “An excellent idea, Mr. Bright,” agreed Benny with a gesture of his fork. “However, there’s one problem.” “Yeah? What’s that?” “I don’t know a damn thing about religion.” “So what? You also don’t know a damn thing about begonias.” “I know they require water.” “My point is this,” explained Bright. “In this day and age you don’t need to actually know anything about a subject to talk about it.” “Congratulations, Dennis, and my apologies. I had no idea you were so perceptive. I thought you were like the rest of your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning for a tax cut.” “So what about it? ‘Religion Talk.’”

تعليقات